Wednesday, April 6, 2016

wednesdays and tuesdays and all the other days

Today was Wednesday and I didn’t even realize till ten minutes ago
I think my brain was trying to help me forget
Because if it was Wednesday then in four hours it won’t be anymore and then the day he was supposed to come would have come and gone and I would feel sad and down which I can’t afford right now


because yesterday it was Tuesday and
I cried to my parents for the first time since that boy asked my best friend to the prom a year ago (and I can’t believe that was a year ago) and yesterday was Tuesday

Yesterday was Tuesday and I finally caught my parents up on the good and the bad and
And
And
And I would’ve loved to talk to you about that but Tuesdays were busy being Tuesdays and Wednesday was being impatient like it always is and I just didn’t feel like you cared

And on Tuesdays I kept checking to see if you'd written about me or her or anyone
To see if maybe you cared, but you were just afraid to show it
To see if I wasn't so wrong about Wednesdays, shouldn't feel so embarrassed for caring so much

And about a month ago I wrote a post called Tuesday and saved it on my iPhone note pad and sent it to a friend because only two people really read my blog anymore and
When you want to write about one of those two people that still actually read your blog it’s not super convenient to write on your blog

So you write and write and write on an iPhone note pad and send it to your friend
Just to ensure someone out there can see inside your head
So someone knows what you’re feeling, how you’re pinning it all together

But you see my phone is running out of room for Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Running out of the 30-day/week/month free trial session that it signed up for,
To the Getting-my-hopes-up-for-you Magazine

Because the last time I wrote about Tuesdays they had hope for Wednesdays and lots of what ifs hung in the air kind of like mistletoe during Christmastime

But this time the tomorrow in the picture
Isn’t a Wednesday



and I never was that good at writing about Thursdays

BP

3 comments:

  1. "but this time the tomorrow in the picture
    Isn't a Wednesday

    And I never was that good at writing about Thursdays"
    This was amazing. I loved it.
    Sorry I just don't know how to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so good. keep writing. i read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To see if maybe you cared, but you were just afraid to show it
    To see if I wasn't so wrong about Wednesdays, shouldn't feel so embarrassed for caring so much"
    "Running out of the 30-day/week/month free trial session that it signed up for,
    To the Getting-my-hopes-up-for-you Magazine"
    I miss BP in my life.

    ReplyDelete