Sunday, April 12, 2015

bippity boppity

We all know the story of Cinderella
One prince, an evil queen, two step siblings and a pretty girl with prettier shoes.

I’d like to say that you’re the prince and I’m the pretty girl
That you'd search a whole kingdom for me
That I fell in love with your dancing and your smile
But 
that’d be lying

No.
This time around it turns out we’re the ugly step siblings.
You and I
we're working towards something more than a castle. 

And actually it's a whole lot bigger than a shoe
But it's just that Metaphors seem to be the only thing speaking my language lately

So
We're going after that shoe

And we've spent hours trying to figure out how to make that slipper fit
We've had letters of ideas
Nights of talking it out

And I thought we had it
I really did

Because you told me
If I just shaved my heel a little
And you just cut your toes down a bit

They’d fit
We’d win
It’d work out.

But honey I think you forgot that those slippers are glass
And I’m trying to remember why I gave myself this limp in the first place

Because when it was your turn to try on that shoe




It became very clear


That




Only one of us 

has any scars. 

BP

5 comments:

  1. "I’m trying to remember why I gave myself this limp in the first place"
    k this post was dope af, now i wish i had written something about shoes instead of the picture thing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *jawdrops*

    Your wiring is the greatest and this is the best response to the shoe prompt and oh my god I'm fangirling so hard cuz wow this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But it's just that Metaphors seem to be the only thing speaking my language lately, So
    We're going after that shoe" lol I promise I'm not just commenting because of your tweet, but it IS what inspired me to catch up right now so basically whether it is here or via Twitter your writing inspires me hahah. But I loved this. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just remembered your tweet, so that's why I'm here.

    But I read this right after you posted. I just didn't comment. I do that sometimes.

    The shaved heel. The things we do for love, to make things work, to make things fit. I love your take on the Cinderella fairy tale.

    "it turns out we’re the ugly step siblings." Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete